rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Tangerine"/>

Sunday 2 October 2011

Character Design: Lesson Two



In this weeks character design class we learnt that when designing characters there are three shapes that you can use to portray a characters personality.  The three basic shapes are triangles, circles and squares. 




We were all given a character that uses one of these shapes or maybe two of the shapes. Then asked to change their initial shapes, change the characteristics but still keeping there design recognisable. The character I received was Jafar from the Disney film Aladdin. Jafar is a character that is mainly made up of triangles and is seen as an evil villain in Aladdin. So I decided to make him the opposite by adding circles to change his charactistics so that he looked softer and friendly. I enjoyed this task because it showed me that by changing the shapes within a character can change the way you look at a character.



Then we were asked to either simplify are characters or to make them more realistic. I decided that I would simplify my character but this was quiet hard as Jafar is already a simply design anyway.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment