rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Tangerine"/>

Sunday 16 October 2011

Character Design: Worskshop 3

Week 3 workshop, the lesson was that when designing characters the more you change the shape and size of your character to the extreme, the more unique and memorable the characters will be.


We experiment with proportions and shapes of the face to create memorable character. I found this quiet hard as at the beginning most of the face shapes where the same, but then taking Justin’s advice to not think about and be more looses I was with the pencil the more unusual the faces become. I think that this is something that I will have to experiment with when design my characters.  

And we also tried to uncover the body shapes hidden behind a few well character each to work out the proportions of and how it would look in circles.

Character: Daffy Duck

First Attempt

Second Attempt

Then we were told to experiment with proportions and shapes for different character types. I noticed the more I pushed the proportions to the extreme the more interesting they become instantly.




No comments:

Post a Comment