rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Tangerine"/>

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Transcription: Initial Thoughts.....

Its the beginning of the transcription unit and after thinking through all the options, I've decided to go for the Text to Digital Set for Film. So environments is the way I decided to go and after my first tutorial yesterday a  few ideas discussed.

Initial Idea One

My Initial thought come form my fascination with Alfred Hitchcock films and with the age range of which the final outcome would be for. Alan said that combing the genre of thriller and film noir with the suggested age range 10 -15 years old, is something that is rearly seen in films. One example is the 1976 film Bugsy Malone and film based on events in Chicago from the early 1920s to 1931 in the Prohibition era, specifically the exploits of gangsters like Al Capone and Bugs Moran, as dramatised in cinema featuring only child actors.



So the idea was to find a crime thriller story that I could then transcribe into a environment for a child film noir film.  The short stories of English novelist G. K. Chesterton about a fictional character called Father brown seems perfect for this idea. As a whole this idea still need some refining if this is the idea I decided to go with.

Initial Idea Two

My second thought was to  transcribed one of artist Edward Hoppers paintings. And after taking to Alan he suggested that maybe I could model the environment that you see in his paintings but then I will also model the part of the environment that you can not see. As there all ways seems to be more to Hoppers painting that you can not see. So it will seem as is you are walking into his paintings and see what is actually happening with the painting . At the moment there are several of his painting that I would really like to use here are a few that I am drawn to at the moment, with more still to look at.


Macomb's Dam Bridge (1935)

Manhattan Bridge Loop (1928)

Rooms For Tourist (1945)

The Lighthouse at Two Lights (1929)

At the moment I am not sure which idea to go with, so I decided to research a bit more into each idea and then make a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment